These cookies were good and gave me a ton of energy when I ate them, so I figured I’d share the recipe. Originally they come from here. Check it out—here’s my take on them:
1 1/2 cups regular rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup mixed nuts, finely chopped
1 cup dried fruit (I used 1/2 chopped dried dates, and 1/2 choc chips. You can omit the choc chips, but why would you want to :)???) 3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a smaller bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and form into golf ball sized cookies.
4. Place on baking sheet, and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, until brown around edges.
Yes, you can sub 2 eggs and butter for the bananas and oil. Yes, you can freeze these. Yes, you can substitute flax meal if you have a nut allergy. Yes, I took this terrible picture on my webcam. Enjoy! jb