It’s Father’s Day this weekend and we need some father-friendly treats. I recently came across a bar that is very friendly to me–a mother–but knowing my father, it’s a winner with the men as well.
I’m sure this recipe has a proper name. Not knowing it, I will call it MaryAnn’s Pecan Goodness for three reasons:
1. I got the base recipe from a great MaryAnn
2. There are pecans on top
3. It is all goodness (not from a nutritional standpoint, of course)
It’s a very simple recipe–perfect for sleep-deprived moms and busy kids.
MaryAnn’s Pecan Goodness
12 graham crackers
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Place crackers on baking sheet
- In saucepan, melt butter
- Stir in sugar and vanilla
- Pour sugar mixture over crackers
- Sprinkle with pecans
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes
- Cut while hot
Let me know how they turn out!